Recently a few bloggers that I follow have been tagged in a “beauty post” of sorts. This post is basically a few questions in regards to beauty products for the winter. Me, being as obsessed with makeup as I am, decided to give this a shot. Sorry for there being no photos in this post; I’m exhausted and have been baking all evening. Yes, you will have a new recipe (or two!) in the next few days.
1) Favourite winter nail polish? None. I actually dislike painting my nails during the winter. I feel as though the color chips more easily.
2) Favourite winter lip product? LUSH lip scrub to get rid of the dry, dead skin. Gross but it works.
3) Most worn winter clothing piece? A good pair of boots. I own about 50 pairs of boots. I feel as though if they are comfortable and within your budget, buy them. They keep you warm during the chilly winter months, they’re stylish, and they go with everything (except sweats, don’t do that).
4) Most worn winter accessory? Gloves and warm socks. My hands are very sensitive to the cold (especially when it’s snowing) so every year I invest in an extremely warm pair of gloves. My feet are also pretty sensitive when it comes to colder weather so I swear by Timberland boot socks. They’re relatively inexpensive and very warm.
5) Favourite winter scent/candle? The smell the air becomes right before it snows. I dislike snow with a passion, however, the scent and the visual of the sky leading up to a snow storm is lovely.
6) Favourite winter beverage? Peppermint-flavored coffee. Especially the peppermint mocha latte from Dunkin Donuts.
7) All time favourite Christmas/holiday movie? The ORIGINAL Miracle on 34th Street. The remake is just not the same.
8) Favourite Christmas/holiday song? None. They’re all irritating after a while.
9) Favourite holiday food/treat? Rum balls. ’nuff said.
10) What is your favourite Christmas decoration this year? We have a Christmas Zoo, meaning our Christmas decorations consist of various animals that somehow have a Christmas-related theme. My personal favorite is my hippo and my pig.
11) What’s at the top of your wish list? The entire holiday collection from MAC.
12) What are your plans for the holidays this year? Enjoying that rare thing they call a day off.
I won’t be tagging anyone for this but enjoy! New recipes soon.