I was recently nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by a good friend of mine (whom I also enjoy throwing off his diet with my baked goodies) Phil! Phil runs the blog called “The Regular Guy NYC” and often posts about everything that irks a New Yorker to no end. He does it in a funny way, though. Trust me….Or not…..Either way, I would definitely check out his blog if I were you!
Now there are a few rules for this nomination:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
- Add The Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
- Nominate 8 fellow bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
- Share 8 random facts about you.
Here are my 8 Random Facts:
- I was a vegetarian for almost 8 years and to this day I still try not to eat red meat or pork (except bacon….It’s my weakness).
- I’ve been dying my hair since I was 9 years old.
- I was born in The Bronx and it remains one of my favorite places to visit.
- I have a mild form of OCD (either that or out of place things just make me super-cranky). I get anxiety over odd numbers and boxes that face different directions, for example.
- The reason I prefer vegan baking over “standard baking” is simple: I hate the way raw eggs look.
- My elbows are hyper-extended and therefore I can reverse my forearms.
- I love whiskey, wine, and beer. I hate hate hate vodka.
- I love acupuncture and recommend it to everyone I know. It has treated my headaches, bad neck, and bad back. I don’t know how I managed to lead a normal life before starting it.
8 Great Bloggers that deserve this award:
- Wear Your Vitamins: This blog is chock full o’ beauty tips. Plus the URL is extremely catchy.
- Wait I’m Running: This blogger was one of my first foodie penpals. Since then I have followed her running success via her blog.
- Jamie Runs Around: Another former foodie penpal of mine.
- The Misfit Baker: One of the first baking blogs I started following. Her recipes are great and put into real-people terms.
- Domestic Diva MD: I love this blogger’s recipes. Not only does she provide great recipes, she also provides a great story to go along with them!
- Food Snob 2.0: This blogger is a dear friend of mine and someone who truly inspired me to try out this whole blogging thing.
- Nicole’s Beauty Blog: I discovered Nicole’s blog while wasting time on WP one day. We soon began communicating via email and decided to do a makeup swap. Since we are located in two different countries, I got a few great things I could never obtain here and vice versa.
- Brooklyn Bliss: This blogger has turned me onto so many great, animal-friendly places all around NYC. She’s a vegan and constantly posts about neat shops that don’t use any vegan products.
And there it is! Who will you nominate?