Where have I been? Actually, I do not have a good response to that question. I suppose I’ve just been busy with work and maintaining a social life which, in turn, means I’ve had less time to bake/cook. Yesterday was a crappy weather day in New York so I decided to try out this Bahamian Salt a friend had brought back for me from a recent cruise. I had been meaning to try it but had not had the chance.
- 5-6 Drumsticks
- Bahamian Salt (I really have no clue where you could get this outside of the Bahamas unless you order online)
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Adobo (salt-free version)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- On a plate, season your drumsticks one by one using the salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, and Adobo. I didn’t put measurements of everything I used because I simply didn’t measure.
- Massage the seasonings into each drumstick and place the drumsticks in the prepared baking pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and put it into the oven. Leave it in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove the foil from the pan and put the pan back into the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Chicken should be ready to go after the additional 15 minutes passes.
This came out super tasty. It was lighter than the usual baked chicken I make. The salt gave it a nice flavor and combined well with all the other seasonings. This is definitely an ingredient that I will be sad to run out of once I through it all.