I was recently asked by Rizzi from The New York Baking Company to review their new silicone baking buddies. These “buddies” are silicone cupcake wrappers. Instead of the paper ones that typically rip and/or cause a mess, these stay in place and include minimal cleanup…..Plus, they’re reusable! After using these for these peanut butter cupcakes, I was truly impressed. Once they cooled off, the cupcakes popped right out of the silicone buddies and only needed a quick rinse to be cleaned off. They did not stick to the sides at all! I look forward to using these again and again. They have a lifetime guarantee, are dishwasher safe, and like I mentioned previously they make your cupcakes form perfectly without falling apart. Below please find my recipe for Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- Peanut Butter Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter (Jiffy works best)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp.
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
WordPress is having some formatting issues so here are the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting ingredients: 2 and 2/4 cup powdered sugar, 2/3 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder, 6 tablespoons unsalted butter room temp., 7 tablespoons heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F., line 12-cup cupcake pan with liners, set aside.
- For the cupcakes: Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With a stand mixer, fixed with the paddle attachment, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla. Scrape the sides of the bowl, as needed.
- Slowly beat in the flour mixture, alternating with the milk, mixing until just combined. Do NOT over mix!
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 cupcake liners. Bake for 23-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
While the cupcakes were cooling, I threw the frosting together.
- For the frosting: Mix together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder until no clumps remain. Set aside.
- With a standing mixer, fixed with the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually add the sugar/cocoa powder mix, alternating with the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Beat on low speed after each addition.
- Add two pinches of salt if the frosting is too sweet.
- Frost cooled cupcakes as desired.
These came out fantastic. I truly think the baking buddies assisted in having them hold so well together. The edible glitter was something I bought on a whim one day when I was bored. I think it gives the frosting a nice sparkly touch for a beautiful finished product.
Now go watch the Super Bowl, eat wings, drink beer, buy the baking buddies, and be safe! Oh, and as always, have fun!