I was recently chosen by Influenster to try out their Mary Kay Sun-Kissed Vox Box. I was unsure what to expect at first. I know Vox Boxes are known to be generous but I was not expecting the huge box I received. This box was full of goodies! As a makeup junkie, I could not wait to crack everything open and give it a try. Below are the products I received, as well as the ratings I assigned to each product (alongside a brief review).
- Lash Love Mascara: 2/5 stars: I have one mascara that I always stick with. Unfortunately, it is not a Mary Kay mascara. To be fair, I did try this one but I was not impressed. It wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t a mascara for me.
- Cream Eye Color: 2/5 stars: Not terrible but not my shade. I received Apricot Twist and while it’s a fun summer color, it’s just not right for me. Also, cream-based formulas almost always irritate my eyes and this was no exception.
- Mineral Cheek Color: 3/5 stars: I really wanted to love this product. The shade itself is absolutely stunning (Shy Blush), however, it took A LOT of this on my brush to even get it to show any color on my face. I liked how it looked after I caked it on but I prefer a blush that is easier to use.
- Translucent Loose Powder: 3/5 stars: I like loose powders to set makeup. This is going to be a handy product during the humid summer months, when my makeup likes to melt off of my face.
- Gel Eyeliner with Expandable Brush Applicator: 5/5 stars: This was my absolute favorite product from the box. Gel eyeliner is great for people, like me, who have greasy eyelids and have a difficult time getting eyeliner to stay put. The color payoff was great, it had awesome staying power, and I was beyond impressed with the applicator. I prefer angled brushes for eyeliner, however, this one was NOT angled and did just as good a job, if not better.
- Bronzing Powder: 4/5 stars: My second favorite product. I only use bronzing powder to contour my face. I do not contour every day (ain’t nobody got time for that) but when I do, I like a powder with intense color payoff. This only needed a few sweeps of color and bam, contour!
- Nourishine Plus Lip Gloss: 3/5 stars: I really wanted to like this product more than I did. The color was nice, however, it completely disappeared within two hours of application. The shine stayed put, as did the moisturizing benefits, but the color was completely gone.
- Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush: 2/5 stars: I have one brush I stick to when it comes to eye color. I considered adding this one to my tools but it just wasn’t right for me.
- Blush Brush: 1/5 stars: This appeared to be a bonus item since it wasn’t included in the product list. I was not impressed with this brush whatsoever. I attempted to use it to try out the mineral cheek color and it picked up zero color. The bristles were also extremely hoarse and felt like they were ripping my skin. I had to toss this brush, unfortunately.
Overall, not a terrible box! Both Mary Kay and Influenster were very generous with the amount of items. I wish I enjoyed every product but sadly, I did not.
Disclosure: I received these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster.