This is actually a recipe that my mom put together. Since I like sharp objects, I was in charge of chopping the cucumbers and such. That is a very important job. This is actually a super-simple recipe that pretty much anyone can do. The amount we made was more than enough for 8 people but I can guarantee that your guests will be returning for seconds. It’s refreshing, healthy, and perfect for a warm summer day.
- 3 1/2 cups watermelon (we bought the pre-cut watermelon to make this easier)
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber (this comes out to almost a full cucumber, depending on size)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (make sure it’s crumbled or you’re going to have a bad time)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Make sure all your ingredients are chopped and ready to go.
- Use a medium-size mixing bowl (preferably equipped with a lid to make combining easier).
- Pour all ingredients into the bowl, cover it, and shake that baby up.
- Serve cold.
Like I mentioned above, this was very refreshing. I typically dislike watermelon (too sweet and I don’t understand the hype) but this was really good and the feta cut through the sweetness of the watermelon. You’ll also have some fun watermelon/cucumber juice at the bottom to dip food in….If you’re weird, like I am.