If you read this blog then you already know I rarely, if ever, post drink recipes. I published my wine spritzer recipe last week but besides that, I really don’t make that many drinks at home. I usually stick with baking and, occasionally, cooking. Regardless, there was a wonderful deal online for a Ninja blender and since I had had my eye on one for quite a while, I knew I had to purchase it. Once it arrived, I was so very excited to open that baby up and give it a try. This involved buying fruit (which I rarely purchase unless I’m incorporating fruit into cupcakes). Everything else were things I already had in my kitchen. I’m going to be playing some more with this awesome blender but for now, here’s a Mango and Pear Smoothie recipe.
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I don’t keep cow’s milk in my house but if you do, feel free to use that instead)
- 2 whole mangoes
- 2 whole pears
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ice cubes (you can eyeball this and adjust)
- Pour the milk into the blender first.
- Add the mangoes and pears and “pulse” them until the pulp from the fruit starts to stick to the sides of the blender.
- Add the honey and vanilla extract, followed by the ice cubes.
- Either “pulse” or turn the blender completely “on” to combine all the ingredients. When it’s to your liking, turn the blender off and either store the smoothie in the fridge or drink it immediately.
I want to make about 10 more of these. It was smooth and you tasted everything that was blended in. The hint of honey and vanilla helped sweeten it up a bit in a natural way. The mango and pear also went very well together. Next up are papayas and peaches! If you have any smoothie recipes, please feel free to send them my way!