Oh, Influenster, how I love thee. What is Influenster? It’s a website where you are given complimentary products to test and/or review. It requires a bit of a social media presence so if blogging, FB’ing, etc. isn’t your thang then you should probably sit this one out. With that said, I was recently chosen to try out their Moda VoxBox. I was given a preview of the box prior to receiving it in the mail and was disappointed that Rimmel was part of the free products being given, however, it was also set to include various other goodies that I knew I would enjoy. Below are my reviews (and a few photos) of what I received.
- Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara: I knew off the bat I would dislike this product. I am currently in love with my Benefit They’re Real! Mascara. It was difficult for me to even try Rimmel’s but I knew to give a fair review I would have to so I did. This mascara is terrible, absolutely horrible. I hate ripping things like this apart but the wand barely picked up any of the color, the wand itself is a bizarre shape that requires a serious learning curve, and the formula just wasn’t very good. I ultimately had to “repair” my lashes with my usual mascara just so I could go to work and look somewhat normal.
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick: I really loved the design of the this lipstick tube as well as the color of the lipstick itself. I’m known for rocking a red lip from time to time at work so I was excited to try this even though the mascara was a disappointment. This color actually blew me away once it was applied. The formula was creamy, didn’t feather, and stayed put all day long. It also didn’t dry out my lips. This is a keeper.
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lip Liner: The new “thing” to do nowadays in the world of makeup is to apply reverse lip liner. I already do this using the NYX Wonder Stick. Rimmel’s version is completely clear and in mechanical pencil form. I put this on and while yes it’s invisible, I didn’t even feel a difference in texture before putting on my lipstick. This was a fail just as much as the mascara was.
- Puffs Soft Pack: As someone with seasonal allergies, I rely on tissues. I’m also a Puffs girl (take that, other brand that starts with a K!). One can never have enough tissues (my coworker who is probably reading this right now can agree) so I was excited to receive these. The soft pack is just what it says it is…Soft. Perfect if you need to toss these babies in a bag and take them to work, class, etc.
- Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Moisturizer: I’m also a moisturizer junkie. Everyone has used Jergens at some point in their life so I was on the fence about this one. While it’s a very creamy formula and DOES work with helping dry skin, the scent is a little off-putting. It smells like burnt rubber. Okay, that’s a bit harsh but the scene really isn’t the best. I do like the results, though. I’ll keep trying it and see what happens.
- Resource Natural Spring Water: Remember to drink your water, kids! This water is packed with electrolytes similar to Smart Water. I really enjoyed it and the bottle is pretty nifty-looking, to boot.
- Hair Food Moisture Hair Mask: This stuff smells like honey and apricots got together and had a baby. You put it on instead of your usual conditioner, after you shampoo your hair. Then you comb it through and rinse thoroughly. This really made my hair smell fantastic and it did the trick with getting my thick locks under control. This is a keeper.
- Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa: Who here has enjoyed a glass (or 5) of Ovaltine at some point? Hot cocoa goodness made in milk rather than water. This stuff is delicious! Another keeper in my book.
Overall, this was a great box to receive. The only real failures were the mascara and the lip liner. As always, I received these products complimentary to test and/or review. If you are interested in receiving your own VoxBox, click on the link up at the top of this post for Influenster and sign on up! You’re not guaranteed to qualify to try them all but I’m sure you’ll score a great one at some point!