Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I’ve been busy running all around, working, and just not being home enough to cook and/or bake anything. I do NEED to bake something soon, though. It’s been far too long and the time has come for me to pull out the ol’ measuring cups and spoons and whip something up! Below is something I recently made because 1) I LOVE white asparagus (and green too but white…Oh man…) and 2) it’s super-easy to make while still being filling and working as a great side dish. Keep in mind, the recipe below can ALSO be used with green asparagus but white asparagus is in season at the moment so I suggest you scoop some up if you like your veggies a little more tender.
- 1 lb. white asparagus, peeled with the woody ends cut off (white asparagus MUST be peeled)
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Shredded or Grated Romano Cheese (you can use Parmesan instead but I’m more a Romano gal, myself)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, pour our some olive oil (I don’t measure when it comes to cooking so just eyeball it) and add the salt and black pepper. Mix together with a spoon.
- Using a marinade brush, coat all sides of each asparagus with the olive oil mixture.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil onto a foil-lined baking pan.
- Place the asparagus onto the prepared baking pan.
- Drop as much Romano cheese as you want on top of the asparagus. I recommend covering them just enough that you can still see the asparagus but you also get a healthy amount of cheese on there. HAHA. Cheese. Healthy. Riiiight…
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the consistency you prefer.
If there is someone in your life who claims to dislike asparagus, please make this for them and see if they still feel the same way after they eat it. If they still dislike it, then okay let it slide. I love how the extra Romando caramelized underneath each piece of asparagus. Fellow cheese lovers, you too, will appreciate that. Delicious!