As much as Walden Local Meat is known for their beef, chicken, and pork products, they also offer seafood as an add-on to your monthly share. I had been eyeing their seafood add-ons for the past couple of months and finally decided to throw in some scallops to my July share. I’m glad I did because not only were they generous with the portion size but the scallops were some of the freshest I’ve ever had.
- 20-24 scallops
- 3 teaspoons butter
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- If your scallops are not already cleaned up and still have the muscle that wraps around them, remove that first using your thumb and index finger. Mine were already removed by the time I received them but you never know.
- Pat dry the scallops and season both sides with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Add the butter and oil to a cast iron pan on high heat. Once the butter is melted and everything starts bubbling, gently add the scallops making sure they do not touch one another, reduce the heat to medium.
- Sear the scallops on each side for about 2 minutes, or until they have a golden crust.
- Serve immediately.
These were so easy to make and fast, too! Definitely a recipe to keep handy for when we finally return to the office and the commute that comes along with it.