Are you ready for a recipe that everyone will appreciate? A recipe so simple you can whip it up right before seeing family and/or friends? If so, then continue to read this post. I originally got this recipe from Taste of Home. I needed a quick and easy appetizer for something I could easily transport to a relative’s home. This recipe caught my eye because it includes a couple of my favorite things (I’m looking at you, feta and tortillas). While I HATE green onions, I realized if they were chopped finely enough then perhaps I wouldn’t notice them (I barely did when all was said and done).
- 1 8-ounce carton whipped cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 5-ounce package dried cranberries
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, feta cheese, and onions. Stir in cranberries.
- Spread an even amount of mixture over each tortilla (make sure the mixture reaches the edges of the tortillas) and roll up tightly.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. I allowed mine to sit in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut each roll-up into 10 slices.
These were a hit! So simple and quick to make, yet everyone enjoyed them. The sweetness and bit of tart flavor from the cranberries meshes incredibly well with the feta, cream cheese, and onions. If you’ll be transporting these, like I did, then keep them wrapped until you reach your destination. This will ensure they hold up well (thanks to the wrap) and will stay cold until ready to serve (bring and ice pack or two along). I will definitely be making these again.