While putting together my recent Walden Local Meat share I noticed they had a special add-on – clam strips. Apparently these are only a limited time add-on and only available at the end of the summer. I decided to try them because why not!
- Clam strips (unsure how many Walden gave me but it was A LOT)
- House Autry Air Fry Chicken Seasoning (it comes in a bag)
- Evaporated milk (lactose-free)
- Smoked paprika
- Olive oil spray
- Pat dry the clam strips and try to separate them as much as possible using a fork (most will stick together and that’s okay!).
- Pre-heat air fryer to 380 degrees F. for 3 minutes.
- Mix seasoning with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Put your milk in a bowl, the seasoning on a plate, and have the air fryer basket ready to go (spray basket with olive oil spray).
- Dip a few clam strips at a time into the milk, shake off the excess, then drop them into the seasoning and make sure each piece is covered.
- Drop prepared clam strips into the air fryer basket as you go. Do a few at a time. Don’t overcrowd the basket too much. Spray entire basket with the clams inside with olive oil spray to make sure they end up crispy.
- Cook for 3 minutes at 380 degrees F.
- Shake the basket or use tongs, spray again, then cook for an additional 3 minutes, still at 380 degrees F.
- After the final 3 minutes these babies are ready to eat!
These came out delicious! Easy finger food or pair them with a salad. They also go well with a beer since they’re a bit salty and crunchy. Since every air fryer is different you may want to try them at 380 degrees first for the total of 6 minutes, however, keep an eye on them after the first 3 minutes. Some air fryers run exceptionally hot so you may only need a max of 4-5 minutes in there. Very easy to make and great if you want either a snack or a light meal. Walden needs to start carrying these more often!
If you’re interested in trying Walden Local Meat, send me a message!