I recently ordered two swordfish steaks from Walden Local Meat. In the past their seafood has been just as fresh and tasty as their meat therefore I figured let me try their swordfish. I went online to find a recipe that was good for an after-work dinner and found this one from Epicurious. I ended up making a few small changes based on what I like and it still came out delicious.
- 1/2 stick butter (I used plant based sine I had it on hand), room temp.
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Montreal steak seasoning
- Olive oil
- 2 swordfish steaks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mash butter, parsley, steak seasoning, and salt.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy ovenproof pan (I used cast iron) over medium heat. Sprinkle swordfish with salt and steak seasoning (NOT from the items in the bowl). Add swordfish to skillet and cook until slightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Turn swordfish over and immediately put into preheated oven. Cook for about 10 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Transfer swordfish to plates.
- In the same pan you used in the oven, put your seasoned butter. Cook over medium heat until butter is completely melted and bubbling. Scrape up any brown bits that form. Pour butter sauce over swordfish and serve.
Very very yummy and we even ended up putting the extra butter sauce over the rice we made on the side. Made for a quick meal which is especially good after a long day of work.